Here we have it! Another Top Ten Tuesday!
This one was a bit easier for me to come up with. Why was trying to think of 10 books I wanted to read next year was slightly more difficult than I thought – I have no idea.
But here! This one, Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013. I don’t just love bookish things. I live for them.
So here we go!
1) Finish my Thesis: Yes. This is totally a bookish goal. My thesis is a YA (or “New Adult” – I’ll post on this later) novel. So finishing this up will be awesome.
2) Submit my finished novel to literary agents (or editors that I’ve made connections with). This one, pretty straight forward…
3) Actually finishing my goodreads 2013 goal of reading 35 books by the end of the year. Last year, I wanted to read 50. I barely made half of that. This year, I’m setting my goal to be about ten over what I actually did in 2012. Baby steps here people. Baby steps.
4) Revise that long Harry Potter paper I wrote last year and finally submit it to various journals to get it published. Personally, I think that this might be a super far-fetched goal. Well, the getting it published bit is a bit far fetched… However, my advisor for the paper (who has been the editor of several collections of critical essays) kept suggesting it to me this past summer – so I’m thinking there’s a slim hope…
5) Read things that our outside of my preferred genre. So – really, getting out of the urban fantasy genre and trying contemporary fiction, science fiction, historical fiction, biography, etc…
6) Write some short stories. I haven’t really worked on anything apart from my thesis in…hell, I don’t know how long. So yes.
7) Use the library more often. I don’t need to buy all the books I want to read. I can just wait for them to come into the library. Also, my library (and probably yours) lets you check out eBooks… so seize that book.
8) Devote more time in my day to reading and writing than watching T.V. – again, that’s pretty straightforward.
9) Try writing some in some different genres. Break out of that YA fantasy genre (again) – try picture book or contemporary fiction.
10) Read all those books that I’ve bought but never gotten to…
And boom! There we go. Top Ten Bookish Goals – or I suppose my Top Ten New Years Resolutions. Whatever you want to call it.
So, what about you? What bookish goals do you have for the next year? Let me know!